FASTAG IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIR OF THE YEAR FOR UPSC ESE 2020 ALL INFORMATION
AS WE KNOW THIS YEAR FASTAG IS TRENDING NEWS EVERYDAY. SO TODAY A SPECIAL ARTICLE HERE FASTAG IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIR OF THE YEAR FOR UPSC ESE 2020 ALL INFORMATION.
WHAT IS FASTAG:
1.FASTag is an electronic toll collection system in India, operated by the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI).
 It employs Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid or savings account linked to it or directly toll owner.
WHAT IS RFID TECHNOLOGY IMPORTANT FOR ICT:Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) is the use of radio waves to read. And capture information stored on a tag attached to an object.
HOW THIS WORK :It is affixed on the windscreen of the vehicle and enables to drive through toll plazas without stopping for transactions.
- The tag is valid for five years and comes in seven different colours — violet, orange, yellow, green, pink, blue, black. Each colour is assigned to a particular category of vehicles.
- And It was rolled out in April 2016, and the Government made it mandatory from December 1, 2017 for all new cars and trucks to be fitted with a FASTag before they were sold.
- To encourage the use of FASTags, the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) refunds 5% of the total monthly transactions.
- Indian Highways Management Company Limited (IHMCL) (a company incorporated by National Highways Authority of India) and National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) are implementing this program.
- And FASTag is presently operational at both, national and state highways.
OTHER ADVANTAGES :
- Ease of payment – No need to carry cash for the toll transactions, saves time.
- Near non-stop movement of vehicles leading to lower fuel cost.
- Other benefits are:Environmental benefit : reduced air pollution, reduced use of paper. And Social benefit : reduced toll payment hassles ,analytics for better highway management.
- Economic benefit : reduced effort in management at toll plaza, reduced effort in monitoring centrally.
SO FASTAG IS A TECHNOLOGY WHICH USING RFID TECHNOLOGY TO COLLECT DATA AND MONEY AT TOLL PLAZA. THIS REDUCE TIME BECAUSE BY RFID DATA TRANSFER AND PAYMENT BY WITHOUT TOUCHING VEHICLE. SO NO WAITING TIME IN LANES.
So this is very important current affairs of the year for UPSC. Because this is news from last 3-4 months continuously. And specially very important for IES PRE 2020 because it is also a topic from ICT, CURRENT AFFAIRS.So you should understand all technology like.
what is FASTAG, RFID, HOW THIS TECHNOLOGY WORKS.